Thursday, September 3, 2009

Obama Speaking To Children

Ok, I'm probably going to catch hell for this, but what the hell, I know I'm right...

A message to my fellow Conservatives: Get over it. So the President is going to speak to children. Holy Mother of God!

As a father, I've been teaching my kid how to think for himself since he could understand what I was saying. I've taught him right from wrong, right from left, and everything in between. I've challenged him when he's wrong. I've corrected him when he over reacts to an issue. I've guided him through complex issues and believe it or not, have tried to present both sides of an issue so he can see it for himself and make a decision on what HE thinks about it.

Now, my boy is long on book smarts, and a tad shy on common sense. And he does get ahead of himself in political discussions. But I know for a fact that if he should ever have to sit through a speech from the president, he's not going to be indoctrinated. He's not going to buy into the bullshit. He's going to think about it, ask me questions if need be and he'll be just fine.

You know how I know that? Because I've raised him his entire life. I would hope everyone of you would know the exact same thing about your kids.

So everyone chill out. It's just a presidential speech that most of them won't listen to anyways. If your kid is so susceptible to an hour with Obama, that they're going to be indoctrinated into being Marxists, Obama is not your biggest problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment